Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Comming Out

Recently one of my friends have came out to their parents about being a bisexual. His mom didn't take it very well of course. She was enraged and took his phone away and all other means of communication. She screamed, "that's not who you are!"
After my friend told me about the situation I decided i just had to write this blog entry. I was upset and in awe when my friend told me what had happened. It surprised me how "some" parents still react to a child who comes out to them as lesbian, gay, bisexual and in some cases transgendered.
Why should a child have to go through that? Being cast out of the family for their sexual preference. Its ridiculous! This is America and its filled with diversity and different preferences. As we advance in years, L.G.B.T. individuals should be more accepted and loved just as anyone else.
A little food for thought for the bias and judgmental parents of L.G.B.T children, listen, understand, be patient, and most of all be respectful to anyone who is trying to come out to you. Its a huge step, and difficult for most people to do. Don't make it any more difficult than it is already.


-Genesis

2 comments: